[Dailydrool] Emma who was waiting for her Mom to come home ...

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Fri Sep 18 22:45:57 PDT 2009

She didn't make it.

Oh, my friends and DD family, I am just broken-hearted and can't stop
crying as I cradle her.  Sweet Emma tried so hard through this long,  endless
week to hang on for her Mom to come home.  The vets tried so hard,  doing
everything they could to keep her comfortable and peaceful.  And I  just held
her and loved her and prayed for her and never left her alone, not for  a
minute, this whole awful week.  Now her Mom will come home and her house  and
her heart will be empty, and I'll have to pick her up at the airport and
somehow find the words to tell her that we have lost forever our precious Emma,
who I knew from the minute she was born and who spent almost every day with
me;  dear dear Emma whom I adored; courageous, loving little Emma who tried
with  every ounce of her special spirit to wait to see her Mom once last
time.

I did everything I could this week to try to make it so that she could go
to the bridge while in her Mom's embrace.  I know I will forever examine
and question every move I made.  I tried to do everything for her, out of
love.  I have been so exhausted and anguished that I fear I wasn't thinking
straight, and I just hope that I didn't do anything wrong for her, she
deserved  pure love and peace and happiness, our poor brave little girl.

We were lying in bed, she was in my arms, and I'd drifted into sleep, when
suddenly I woke up, as I have so many times every night this week, whenever
she  moved or her breathing changed.  This time, I knew.  For about 15
minutes I held her tightly and talked to her as her breathing changed, kept
telling her that her Mom was on her way to her, that her Mom loved her, that I
 loved her, that she was the sweetest little bunny girl anyone could have,
and I  just talked and hugged so that the last thing she heard and felt was
pure love,  and then she was gone, in my arms, gone, gone, and I can
scarcely breathe  through the pain and the tears and the grief and the wondering.

You have been my strength and my support through all of this, I really
couldn't have made it this far without your love and your e-mails and your
insights and your caring.  You reassured me that anything done from love is
the right choice.  I wish you all could have known Emma, oh I can't  believe
I'm talking about her in the past tense, I can't believe this ...

I don't know how to get through this night with her right here next to me,
but not coming back, and how to get through tomorrow and then tomorrow
night  telling her Mom, and then all the time to come.

Thank you, all of you, my dearest DD friends, I love you and thank you and
ask that you pray for Emma, on her way to the Bridge, where my Blueberry,
who  also loved her so, waits.

Heartbroken,
Beth