[Dailydrool] hearts without borders

Helena Poist helena at proplanner.com
Sat Sep 19 09:13:42 PDT 2009

With everyone coming together to help the Idaho boy, I started thinking of how many times rescues have reached across their borders opened their hearts and saved bassets not in their area. pat of washington basset rescue opened her heart to 20 dogs from the midwest, 17 at one time.. all mill dogs brought at an auction. Now that I think of it we were crazy to think we could pull that off but we did. Suzanne of mid atlantic always seems to open their doors to dogs in other states and has taken mill dogs alike from us, ABC basset rescue is the same way, they took what we called the Joplin 5.. headed from a rural shelter to the gassing facility and rescued just in time. there is colorado is helps them one at a time and took several puppies from a backyard breeder, GABR who takes many dogs from high kill shelters and other places  but there are so many others who helped along the way. I am sure I will miss someone but my point is that we do work together and I am proud of that fact. Alabama held onto a dog and helped transport, Suncoast who always seems to respond to pleas of dogs in other states.. Chris of All Ears in New Mexico who takes them in from bottom midwest and texas, Utah who will help with transport, Helen Walls and her group in Canada who just took 4 who were in a desperate situation, Montana who took Duke who no one wanted because of his behavorial issues... there are so many rescues we have to thankful for and of course the house of puddles who takes them from everywhere,,..  I know many rescues are struggling to help their own including us.. this is simply a testament to those who have touched our dogs in the midwest where we constantly struggly with backyard breeders, millers, auctions, dogs running in the streets, gassing facilities, police shooting aninmals as a form of animal control - it goes on and on.,. so thank you. I probably havent said it enough., thank you,

=