[Dailydrool] Getting closer to moving

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Sat Sep 19 18:14:05 PDT 2009

Hi all -
Still reading and thinking of everyone - poor Emma. A year ago today I lost Doheny, age 4, to liver cancer. She was gone 10 days after her first symptoms and she had no liver left. She had been sick for quite some time and I had no idea....Emma's mom may not have had any idea. I've been there. Don't judge that until she's home and hears the news. I bet it is a horrible shock. So sad for all involved, but happy Emma was cradled in love, not in a kennel alone.

My contracts should arrive via FEDEX on Monday for me to sign, and we will begin our move to Lake Placid. I thought I had a great place to live - dog friendly house to rent, then buy in 3-4 months when finances become more stable. The lady is getting squirrelly and backing out - our realtors will discuss things on Monday I hope...plan A is flying out the window.

Plan B: I found an apt over a garage that is a big of a dump but cheap and I can have dogs. Not everyone, but there is actually quite a bit of room. It will require leash walking. I would have the hounds with me, and board the big guys at the vet (BTW Kirby is now a Therapy Dog as of today) for 3 months or so until I find a house to buy. Sucks, but what are you gonna do...I sent the guy $100 "earnest money" to hold the apt for a week and not rent to anyone else while I make sure Option A isn't going to work. There are NO rentals that take pets in the area. This is a real find and I can't let it go, just in case.

Option C: The realtor pulls a rabbit out of a hat and comes up with a wonderful house we can rent with the dogs and hopefully just stay there and buy.

I will have a decision on one of these by Friday as I need to rent or pass on the apt. I know I'm going, and I will have a place to stay, just depends on whether it's perfect and we are all together, or if I live like a nun and big boys are in jail for 3 months.

Cross those paws that this lady is willing to take a bird in the hand, rent the house with a sure sale in a few months, and does us all a favor.

Droolies to all who are sick or sad! My head is spinning too fast to keep track, but I do stop and think of each one when I read them...

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, Pearl
Ace, Kirby (CGC, TDI), Sage