[Dailydrool] Beauregard's Potty Problem

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 20 14:02:55 PDT 2009

You're right, this could very possibly be a behavior issue, but I would  rule out medical immediately. I'd catch some first morning urine and take it into the vet to check and rule out any issues, or at least call them and explain the situation. The only way to decide behavior is to rule out medical. That being said, could something have happened while you weren't home?  Could there have been a storm, or could somebody have rung the doorbell and upset him to this point? Could somebody have used a loud power tool around him, or dropped something by him?  Did he get a first bath that upset him? I had a basset that got stung by a bee once, and he would freak anytime anything got in the house that buzzed. I left one time and didn't realize there was a fly in the house.  When I got home, he was terrified. Who would have thought a fly could cause so much trouble. If Beauregard isn't crated during the day, but was comfortable in his crate,
 recrating could give him the security and bravery to face the day.  But I'm still suspicous of that urine check.Good luck. We'll save up some drying out drool for little Beauregard.
Janet, momslave of Carlie Jane, Yogi and Bunny