[Dailydrool] Info on adenosarcoma

Lisa Turnquist turnq007 at umn.edu
Sun Sep 20 22:38:37 PDT 2009

Dear Droolers,

If anyone has had experience with this cancer in their basset I would
appreciate corresponding with you.  Our dear Sid was diagnosed this weekend
with what is probably an anal gland adenosarcoma.  Our vet did a needle
biopsy and sent it off to the pathologist.  However he took a quick look at
the slide before sending it and said the cells are most likely cancerous.
Sid is 14-15 yrs old, has an enlarged heart and also has some lung problems
so he is not a good candidate for surgery.  Our goal will to be to keep him
comfortable for as long as possible.  Sid still enjoys his cookies and
carrots but is now getting home cooked meals because "dog" food just doesn't
cut it any more.  Thanks for any hints or suggestions.

Lisa and the MN Woofers,

Ella, Hank & Sidney