[Dailydrool] Emma who was waiting for her Mom to come home

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 12:57:26 PDT 2009

I hope that you can all feel the love and gratitude that fill my  heart.  I
honestly don't know how I would have made it through last week --
emotionally, practically, physically -- without you.  You were my family,  my
strength, my heart, guiding me through the anguish of Emma's last days, as  she,
the vets, and I tried so desperately to keep her going long enough to see
her Mom one last time.

As I wrote before, sweet Emma didn't make it.  She died in my arms in  bed
early Saturday morning, 22 hours before her Mom came home.

Karen, her Mom, was devastated, of course, when I had to tell her.   But
she also just hugged me tight and said I'd done everything right.  I  told her
that it was my Daily Drool family who had been my guardian angels,  guiding
me through it all.

So now there is such emptiness, in our lives, in our homes, in our  hearts.
 Emma spent much of her life with me, and I could not have loved  her more
if she had actually been my own.  Too many of you know this grief,  the
almost physical yearning to hold her again, the images that play whenever I
close my eyes.

Thank you, dearest friends, for your love and your support and your
prayers.  I will forever remember your kindness and understanding.

I was so overwhelmed last week, I don't think I even mentioned that Emma
was my Blueberry's Mom.

Love,
Beth H. (Duchess ATB, Blueberry ATB, and now Emma  ATB)