[Dailydrool] Thank you for all the drool for Emmy!

Wendie L Prince houndsabound at att.net
Mon Sep 21 17:27:33 PDT 2009

I have her home with me for the evening.  She has not thrown up or had any further diarrhea since earlier today.  They left her catheter in since I am to take her back in the morning for a check up and possible meds/hydration.
She is doing alright, settled down and is staying in one spot.  I know she is still not feeling good, but her eyes look a little better, or maybe that is the pain meds!   We have cooked up some rice and chicken to start feeding her once the vet okays it.  She is such a good girl,  does not even flinch much when getting a needle.   We cannot figure out what started it,  the vet said sometimes  it just seems to happen.  We are considering going to 3 feeding a day,  as a couple other hounds seem to have belly pinging issues.  I know when we did this way back, it helped tremendously with belly issues.  Not sure why we stopped doing it.

Anyhow, I think I will fix a dog bed for me on the floor with her tonight.  She  is not one to want to get into bed with you.  I just want to be near if she needs something.

thanks again to everyone who wrote and all who may not have, but sent a silent prayer for our Emmy.

wen and the Bounders
Please vote for Dallas in the Senior Basset calendar contest at
www.seniorhoundsabound.org