[Dailydrool] working at home with bassets

anitra palato santanapants at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 15:15:22 PDT 2009

Today has been an interesting day.

I am working from home for the next 2 weeks since this cast is on because I
swell up in 15min from sitting with knee bent or standing and need to keep
my leg elevated above my heart.  The recliner has been my friend.  Last week
I had a training for 7 hours and Friday I was not in good shape.  Docs say
it is normal and might be from my fibro.  Come on October 7th!

Today on the phone with my coworker briefing her about our meeting.  Dogs
were doing the basset 500.  Had to stop that, then Lilly started her
climbing up the walls and thought she could tear up some plants.  Gave them
both a chew and back on the phone.  I have had to rescue Santana because he
thinks its fun to play "imma fall if you don't save me and give me carrots"
from the arm of the love seat.  He is about 70lbs and tries to balance.
Right now as I am typing this email he did a "im a a bridge to mommy" Lilly
come climb on me to get to mommy.
Lilly has been wanting to go in and out in and out at least 2 times an
hour.  Not to use the green facilities outside but to go see why the leaves
are blowing around.

Dogs are in the cats path to the litter box so she pees by the door, and
poops behind the tv.  I swear she gets even with me for bringing Lilly into
our home.  (Lilly is climbing the walls again! does cold weather temp dips
make dogs do weird things? Could it be the autumn equinox is tomorrow?)
Then I have 2 bassets and me in a cast trying to bend down and fish out the
poop behind the tv because right now I can't move the tv by myself.  Santana
then proceeds to fit underneat the tv shelf which he had problems fitting
under when he was a puppy he is now going to be 3 and is much bigger.  All I
saw was his butt sticking up and him trying to figure out if he should go
forward or just move backward and forget it.

I need this cast off to go take them for a walk!  It's been 2 months!!

--
Anitra | Momma To the Hounds |
Santana Mr Pants & Lilly Belle Rose

"My family is not confined to mother, mate, and child; but it includes all
creatures be they tame or wild; my family upon this earth includes all
living things, on land, or in the ocean deep, or borne aloft on wings.~
Alicia S. Carpenter"