[Dailydrool] Calgary Waddle Sept 26th 2009 hELEN

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 22 11:17:37 PDT 2009

Hope everyone's having a great year so far, and I hope to see lots of you this weekend.  If you haven't already RSVP'd please do so to this address so I can make sure we have enough refreshments on hand.

Helen Nowlan-Walls
Basset Rescue Network Calgary
http://www.bassetrescuecalgary.com/

September 22,  2009

CALGARY WADDLE SEPT 26TH AT LYNNWOOD PARK 12:00 NOON
Just a reminder e-mail that we have the Waddle at Lynnwood Park this Saturday starting at noon.  A map of the park is on the website under the 'Annual Waddle' tab; we'll be at the south side of the park.  It has been suggested to me that 69th Ave will be the best place to park as the crescent itself is very busy; the park lines the Avenue on 1 side, so it's easy to get to from there.  There'll be signs up as usual directing you to the exact spot.

As you get to the event, there'll be a registration desk where you can let us know you've arrived and we'll be taking your hound's measurements and other details for the contests later on.  A new addition to the contest is 'Naughtiest Basset' - for any of you with long-eared little devils come ready to tell us about your hound's worst misdeed of the year... the hound with the best (or worst, depending on your take!) will get the Naughtiest Hound rosette.  The other contests your hounds will be competing in are:

Youngest Hound*
The Miss Becky Award for Oldest Hound*
Longest Ears*
Shortest Ears*
Largest Wingspan (from tip of left ear to tip of right ear)*
Low Rider*
Loudest Hound
Best Trick
Speediest Hound

The starred events you don't need to register your pooch(es) for, as it will be automatically done as you register.  if you'd like to have them compete in the Howling contest, best trick contest, or basset sprint, or naughtiest hound just let the person registering you know so we can make sure every hound that wants to gets to join in.

There will be a BBQ with burgers and hotdogs available, and also drinks available for purchase as well as the usual raffle - so bring your spare change!  All proceeds of the Waddle go towards helping hounds in need throughout the year and lets us continue to take bassets out of bad situations and find them loving Forever Homes!  For some of our recent successful placements take a look at the 'Forever Homes' tab on the website; it's been an interesting month with several owner relinquishes plus the 4 hounds we brought up from Kentucky, and we wouldn't be able to help any of the hounds we did without the support of the basset community here in Calgary.