[Dailydrool] This and that

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 18:28:37 PDT 2009

Happy birthday to Mr. Santana Pants and to Sweet Sarah!  We hope you get
lots of treats and bellyrubs and all of the special things that mark such a
grand occasion!

Healing drool to Bella and to Wally for their mast cell cancer.  We hope
Wally's surgery goes well tomorrow.  My neighbor's Goldens both had mast
cell tumors removed.  The prognosis for that tumor is good if the vet can
get good margins.  However, it tends to reoccur in other places.  You will
need to diligently watch for any new lumps or bumps.  I'm sending warm
thoughts to both Patti and Tara as you work through this.

More drool is being slung for poor Emily, whose medical problems are
growing.  Poor baby, just hang in there and get through the pancreatitis and
the rest of it can be managed.  And a virtual hug to Wen, who I know must be
worried sick.

Ginny, my Dub-Dub had the beginnings of congestive heart failure.  While he
was a cat, he responded well to Lasix and it kept him comfortable.  He
ultimately developed a massive abdominal tumor and I had to put him down
because of that and not his heart.  Definitely talk to the vet.  You might
be able to keep Charles quite comfortable for quite a while.  Laura
(Geoffrey, Molly, Henry, Rosebud, Lisa (ATB), Dub-Dub (ATB))