[Dailydrool] dog door training

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Wed Sep 23 20:02:26 PDT 2009

My gang took to the dog door very quickly except Nelly Belle ,
who was scared to death of the flaps.  After repeated attempts
at coaxing her I finally took the flaps off during the day for about 5 days.
I then would stoop down on the other side, calling and coaxing her
out with treats. The only time she was allowed to go out the main door
was for the middle of the night potty break.  Went she finally got
comfortable going out on her own or following the rest of the gang,
I put one flap back on.  I still had to reassure her at first but she caught on.
It was really cute watching that snooter inch its way out of the flap so cautiously.
A week later I was able to put the second flap on.  Luckily the weather was still nice
but I did have to put the flaps back on every night to keep the wandering critters outside.
The rest of the gang loved the flaps off as they could basset 500 much faster. LOL

Droolz and Belly Rubs,
Karen and The Dog House Gan