[Dailydrool] All-natural supplement that works better than Rimadyl

Beth_Fuller at alnd.uscourts.gov Beth_Fuller at alnd.uscourts.gov
Thu Sep 24 20:13:30 PDT 2009

Julie,

My 12 year old basset Kaylee has spondylosis - severe arthritis in her
spine.  Because she has Addison's disease and must take prednisone for
that, she is not able to take Rimadyl or other NSAIDS for her back.  So,
I've had to increase her prednisone dose just so she can keep walking.
Unfortunately, the prednisone keeps causing pancreatitis.

I've been trying to find something else for Kaylee - so I can lower her
pred dose and hopefully prevent future pancreatitis.  A friend recommended
Duralactin.  I just picked mine up from the vet at lunch today, so Kaylee
has only had 2 tablets - and I can't vouch for its effectiveness yet. But,
my friend whose elderly basset also had spondylosis and she said it worked
for her basset for many years.  I got my vet to order it, then found out
that you can order it yourself off the internet for a much better price.
Here is the info on it:  http://www.duralactin.com/

There is also Adequan.  It has to be injected - and is a super form of
glucosamine.  I've also had people recommend it.  I will try it if I don't
get good results with the Duralactin.  Here is the info on Adequan:
http://www.adequancanine.us/

I've also ordered a Bioflow (magnetic) collar - actually won it on an eBay
auction - sold by a Pit Bull rescue group.  It isn't here yet, but I also
had people swear by them.
http://www.discoverymagnets.co.uk/bioflow_pets.htm

I am determined to find something safe that will work on Kaylee's back.  I
hope you can find something that works for you!

Beth, Abby, Kaylee and Rosie