[Dailydrool] Gourmet Houndie?

Kristin Mielke kristin.mielke063 at sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 25 05:22:26 PDT 2009

Hi everyone, drool to all who need some and snooters to all the houndies.  It's been quiet here, except for the scratching. It's allergy season so Hushy has been thumping, and scratching, and thumping, and scratching, and well you get the picture.  Other than that, life has just been humming along. Of coarse there has been the chewed socks, shoes, counter surfing, but hey that's par for the coarse.  But oh, yesterday morning, well there, there was an episode.  At 4 AM Mr. Hushmouse asked for the door. DH got up and let him out. DH is a contractor so 4 Am is almost breakfast time anyway, and well, I was tired. 10 minutes later Hushy is in my room, he circles the bed and then Ackka, accka, ackkkkkkk, he pukes....I turn on the light, DH comes in...and what has Mr. Hushy deposited.....a lovely, if somewhat pungent mushroom medley.  That's right, somewhere in our yard Hushy found mushrooms and decided on an early mornning snack. Fully awake I bound from the bed, dialing the er vet.....yes, yes, 70 pounds, yes I have peroxide, uh hunh okay.  Get the peroxide, get the hound, dose him, seconds latter more mushrooms, then allot of stomach bile, and voila.  Minutes later Mr. Hushy wanted his breakfast.  Now, while he loudly complained to DH about this treatment, I went out clothed in my bedtime atirre to search for fungus.  24 hours later not one mushroom has been found. Just when you think you got it all figured out....do other dogs do this...becuase really, I have heard of pigs and truffles, but never Bassets and mushrooms. Maybe he is a Gourmet....

Kris (Hmm, where the hell are the mushrooms)

Hushy (I am not telling)