[Dailydrool] Boomer update and Baxter's antics

Kate bassetlover99 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 09:39:57 PDT 2009

First, drool to those who need it.

Boomer saw the vet last week for his yearly shots and check up. Dr. B says
all is well, and the bloodwork showed no increase in Boomer's liver levels,
so we're continuing the steroid therapy for Wobbler's syndrome. He's been
feeling great the past few weeks, and both boys enjoyed a visit from their
schnauzer cousin from Kansas. She's a yappy little thing--they weren't quite
sure what to do with her at first!

For the past 3 nights, Baxter has woken me up whining in his crate at 3 am.
I get up and let him out, and he trots around outside a bit, then
knocks--rather, slams his paw against the metal bottom of the screen--to
come back in. I ask him to go back in his crate, but instead he jumps up on
his couch in my room and goes to sleep there. Logic says, stop letting him
out of his crate, but he's had more than one accident before which leaves me
with quite a mess to clean up. Has he outsmarted me?

Really, they're both at the point now where they could sleep outside of
their crates, and I've considered that option, especially since being
awakened at 3 am is starting to get tiresome (pun intended). I sense that
Boomer has a bit of animosity towards his bubba--Baxter's on the cushy couch
while Boomer is left in his crate.

--
Peace and drool,
Kate