[Dailydrool] Found a Great Groomer

Mary Lee Trnka mltrnka at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 25 07:08:54 PDT 2009

One of our bassets, Philby, gets very anxious when handled - we have to sedate him to get his anual physical because he gets so agitated, and he's a pretty big boy (75 lbs).  Anyway, I got a coupon in the mail from a "doggie spa" and decided to call them and chat to see if they would be willing to try to bathe him.

Well, the owner has 4 dogs - three of them bassets!  When we took Philby, the two ladies were fussing over him.  Then they gave him chopped up chicken breast, followed by cookies.  They let him snoop all over the shop, petting and making over him the whole time.

They were not at all put off by my descriptions of his anxiety.  They assured me they would work at making his first time there as positive as possible and get him done as soon as possible.  They were planning to work on him as a team.

I'm so excited - I never thought we'd find a groomer willing to work with him again.

The owner was unaware of the DD -so I'm going to try to get her on board when I pick him up.

I'll let you all know how it works out!

Mary Lee