[Dailydrool] 1 Needier and 1 Crazier

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 15:46:22 PDT 2009

On Friday night last week, Cowboy escaped somehow. The
across-the-street-neighbor brought him home around midnight saying he'd been
playing on their porch with their cat. I now wonder if they may have
intentionally let him out so they could bring him home and be nosy. We never
did find anywhere he could possibly have gotten out at and in all the time
we've live at this house (2 years) he has never crossed the street to their
home. His first choice is always the cat food bowl on the next-door
neighbors porch. So, we have been monitoring more closely when he is in the
front courtyard to be sure no one puposfully lets him out.

Strangley, and not sure if related to the escape, all this week he's been
more needy then usual. Very cuddly and whiney. No complaints on our end,
just watching carefully to make sure he's feeling ok. He's been eating and
pooping fine, so I'm not too worried, but it's still odd given that he is
usually the most independent basset ever.

Rupert has been a little crazier too, maybe its something in the water. He
is always the neediest and demanding hound. He will butt in if you are
trying to pet Cowboy and will sit on Cowboy if he's cuddling near us.
Rupert's new thing is barking nonstop at the flashing light on my computer.
We finally covered it with electrical tape to shut him up. Then last night
we were again proven that he's not the brightest bulb when he began chasing
the light from a flashlight and going crazy for about 5 minutes after we
turned the light off. I've seen him do this with a laser, but the flashlight
was even funnier because I'd show him the flashlight and he wouldnt care but
then when the light shown on the carpet he'd start digging and barking,
chasing, just going all out crazy. Once the light was off and put away he
continued to look for the light and wouldnt relax until I distracted him
with a cookie.

Hahaha, these hounds always seem to amuse me. :)
Hope everyone has a safe, fun weekend. We send drool to all in need.

xoxo, Kacy w/Cow and Ru

--
Cowboy: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/531112
Rupert: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/799430