[Dailydrool] The girls - week 8

Susan Green suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Mon Sep 28 11:32:14 PDT 2009

Sophie & Nancy have been in San Antonio for 8 weeks now.  It's hard to believe that it's been that long.

Sophie continues to just love life.  She is always ready for a belly rub or to just sit on the floor with Holly & I and be loved.  She wags her tail the moment she sees me, and it goes so fast I'm surprised she doesn't hurt herself.

Last weekend when my lawn guy was in the yard Sophie & Holly started barking loudly and scared Nancy.  I had shut the blinds so Nancy couldn't see him, but Sohpie stuck her snooter thru the slats so she could bark at him.
Just as I was going out to the kitchen to quiet them down Nancy was coming out of her crate.  She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me, but when I called her she came over to me.  She stood there and let me pet her for almost 10 minutes.  By then Ross had finished and Nancy figured it was safe to go back to her crate.  She has not come to me again since then, but has spent more time out of her crate than before.  I think she figured I was the lesser of 2 evils last Sunday :)

Holly has been spending more time in the kitchen playing with Sophie and taking naps out there so I put 1 of her beds next to Sophie's 4 pillows.  Yesterday afternoon Nancy came in from the yard and went to the bed instead of going to her crate.  She actually stayed there and let me pet her, and she even stayed there and ate her biscuit instead of taking it back to her crate.  I woke up during the night and went to check on the girls in the kitchen and found Nancy sound asleep on the bed.  I have thought for awhile now that she was coming out of her crate during the night, but now I know for sure.  It was great to see her sleeping on a bed instead of curled up inside that damn crate.

A few times Nancy has played with Holly & Sophie when they were all out in the yard, but they are a little rough for her, and I think they scare her when they start running towards her.  She stays in her crate when they run the Basset 500 thru the kitchen, she's no fool...LOL

We had 3 days of beautiful weather her last week, down in the 50's and 60's.  I was able to have my sliding glass door open all day long.  The girls thought it was wonderful to be able to run in and out whenever they wanted to.  The cool air really got them going.  I had the Basset 2500 going here :)   They started by running around the entire yard, then thru the entire house, then back out into the yard again.  This went on for almost 30 minutes.  Whoever said that Sophie was a senior should have seen her running.....LOL    I spent a lot of time searching for stuffies that were left in the yard, and lots of time cleaning them up.

The girls have also figured out how to open the gate whenever they want.  I dropped my car off at Firestone for inspection and an oil change on Friday.  They drove me home and when I opened the door I was greeted by 2 Hounds, 1 that had been in the kitchen when I left :)   I acutally watched Sophie put her snooter thru the gate and move it to slide open the gate later that day.   She looked so pleased as she ran into the living room to get to me.

All the girls are taking their afternoon naps as I write this, peace and quiet.....until the next round of steal the stuffie begins.

Suz
Holly Noelle - Sophie is lots of fun
Sophie - I love to play
Nancy - Sleeping on a bed is quite nice