[Dailydrool] Just makes me smile--

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Mon Sep 28 13:13:53 PDT 2009

Momma here. Something happened here yesterday--besides the rodent rolling down the road--that just made me smile.

When Elder Clara and Daisy first came here, Clara was always the protector, she growled at Daisy for playing too much, running to hard, she watched her like a hawk. Daisy did take some resentment to this, she knew this was all good by coming to her new home, and many times I would catch Daisy giving Clara the slit eye look, you could read Daisy's face of leave me alone, let me play, I've never had it is good.

Now as Elder Clara gets older and does indeed let Daisy do her thing, I see the tables are turning.

Yesterday Elder Clara goes out the dog door, doing her doggie things, her nose to the ground, following the fence line to the left as she mostly does. Sister Daisy was out in the corner of the yard to the right, and I was watching to make sure Clara was not on a grass/dirt eating mission. Well, Daisy seen Clara, Daisy went to full attention, ears up, snooter pointed, she turned around and watched. Elder Clara is still motoring along, further and further she went. Next thing I seen was Daisy running full bore across the yard to Clara, the girls sniffed, tails a going, and Sister Daisy leading Elder Clara back to the house. Daisy kept turning around and looking at Clara as if to say-you okay?? Clara in turn gave the look of all is good, and in they came.

Dog behavior is something special to watch, they tell you so much with the eyes and gestures if you take a few minutes and really observe.

Elder Clara is doing wonderful, they have had some trials getting her heart meds straight, and I did have a talk with Doc on the Co Q 10--his response was--excellent-great stuff for her, keep it up---thank you again Anita Woodrum for this, it has made such a difference, and Doc being a man of few words at times, for his hearty endorsement-- its good stuff. She sleeps less, spends so much more time interacting with the gang, and is much more active. Gives Elwood the willies with her new activities.

So anyway, just wanted to share a story that made my day, before Elwood takes over, he is claiming he has much to say today-(speaking of behavior issues)---

And did you see the drool calendar today??? Pretty Boy Floyd is a handsome guy!!!

Drool to all in need-

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
OEBE Elder Clara, Queen of Farts