[Dailydrool] a poop story

saba2r at aol.com saba2r at aol.com
Tue Sep 29 13:24:25 PDT 2009

I'm way behind and was just enjoying the Clara's Gas Attack story.

Since this would be my Roscoe P Hunter's 15th birthday, he has been on
my mind.
This week also marks one year since my boy left for Rainbow Bridge,
dreaming sweetly in my arms of his Miss Clos du Bois.
I posted some stories about him afterwards but we all know we have a
nickzillion ones about these funny babies.
When he was a puppy - at the cartoon cute stage - I took him to the vet
for who knows what, maybe shots (we LIVED at the vet's - they would
roll their eyes and inform me that I didn't need to run him there over
every perceived hiccup).  On the ride home, I put him on the floor of
the back seat, where at that age, he was comfortable and relatively
safe.  That was before I learned to get a carrier for him - had one for
the cats but had always had big mutt dogs that rode shotgun in the car.
  I also hadn't joined the Drool yet, where I learned the exacting art
of caring for a hound.

I noticed the air becoming non-fragrant as we neared the house.  Sure
enough, he had pooped on the floor, stepped in it, tried to get on the
back seat.  He had it all over him and the back of the car.

I washed him, put him in his crate, and set out for the manual
interior/exterior car wash.  When I pulled up, a teen boy came over to
ask what services I wanted.  I showed him the back seat and told him
the puppy poop would need to be cleaned out.  He turned a different
color and turned to his partner, also a teen boy, and said "it's puppy
poop."  The other kid said "What?"  Again, the first boy said, "Puppy
poop all over the back."  I think the second boy was just too stricken
to absorb it and again said, "WHAT??".  First boy yells, "IT'S PUPPY
SH*T!"

They are probably still telling people the same story.......  (I did
tip them).  It's the reason for Roscoe P Hunter's name - the P stands
for Puppy Poop.

Becca  (I can still see his funny face, ears and tail flopping in
rhythm as he runs to greet me)

www.dogster.com/dogs/600703