[Dailydrool] Update on Honey's hotspot

DAISY7521 at aol.com DAISY7521 at aol.com
Tue Sep 29 20:33:51 PDT 2009

Hi, first I would like to thank all of you for so  much help and
suggestions on hot spots.
We finally found a way to stop her from licking  her front foot.
But first, I poured hydrogen peroxide on it, and  it bubbled up some, then
tapped it dry with cotton, then applied a good dose of  Gold Bond powder.
Then here is what worked.  We got a old saline bag  from the vet, cut it in
half, made a few holes around the top, used a shoe lace  to tie it on, and
she has a plastic boot.
I also cut some holes in it, so there is plenty of  air circulation in
there.  she is also temporarily on Medrol, to control  the itching, and that has
already helped.
The other thing we tried, but it didn't work so  well, we took a neck cone,
a very very small one, and used it on her leg  instead, so she couldn't
reach her foot to lick.
But it didn't say on as well and it was a little  awkward.  I even used it
tied with a shoe lace, and let it just hang  loosely around her neck, and it
would be just enough, some of the time, so she  coudlnt reach her foot.
But the baggie thing is working the best so  far.
Couldn't use the cone thing on her neck, her  balance is still a little
off, so didn't want to interrupt her vision with a  cone.............i
apologize, for so long.......
Barbie and her sort of starting to heal Honey  foot.