[Dailydrool] Allerlgies

Pam Cline pmcline at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 05:42:03 PDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

First of all let me say I'm sorry for all of the losses that are going on...way too many of our babies are going to the bridge and are sick.  My sympathies to all who are dealing with broken hearts.

I' m sure this has been discussed before but I have been out of touch with the DD for a while.  I'm hoping you guys can help me.... This time of year HBeaudreux (8 yr old basset ) has trouble with his walks. He seems to run out of breath and have trouble breathing and I really think it is because of the pollen.  Prior to the pollen explosion he was doing well but now he just runs out of steam and has to stop for a couple of minutes to catch his breath. I know it isn't so hot that he's overheating yet and we do take a bottle of water along to help with that. We've noticed that even indoors he seems to be "stuffy" and that's why we think it's allergy/pollen  related.  He seems to be fine in every other way, not feeling bad and no other symptoms.

Is there anything we can give him that will give him some relief?  We already have every human allergy med known to mankind here at the house so if there's a human med that can cross over to dogs I may have it on hand.  I just don't know if they are safe for dogs and I don't want to experiment on him.  Is there something special that I need to buy for him? If so, what is it and where can I find it?  We just want him to enjoy his walks again, that is always the high point of his day.  I know it will go straight from pollen-laden to super hot and then it will be too hot to walk him  again....springtime is way too short here in NC and we don't want to waste a minute of it..

Thanks for your help.

Pam
HBeaudreux, Olive and Ginny