[Dailydrool] Snakes

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Thu Apr 22 09:39:01 PDT 2010

Karen your snake story was hilarious. It reminds me of a several years
ago when I thought that a herein had gotten all of my fish out of my
little garden pond, so I was cleaning it out and preparing to go buy
more fish.  This was right after a hurricane hit our area, I had just
read about a house a few miles from us was having trouble with water
moccasins. If you don't know these are very aggressive and poisonous
snakes. So I am cleaning out all the debris from the bottom of the pond,
using bare hands to just scoop it out.  On one scoop I grabbed something
cold, scaly and slimy!!! I screamed like a banshee...The dogs came
running, at that time it was 4 of the Fab 5 all ATB now. Comanche &
Shadow and Wolfgang all looking in the pond and growling! Storm just lay
where he was and lifted his head, gave a mighty woof and laid back down.
Whatever it was it scared the momma and Dynamic Trio were going to kill
it. (Shadow used to bring me halves of the snakes that she used to kill,
all Gardner, or black snakes but still...)  So now I am faced with a
dilemma...face my fear of snakes and protect my hounds or let them get
bit protecting me. I did what I had to do, and went and started pulling
them away from the pond and into the house.  As I grab the last dog I
see the supposed "snake".  One of my fish had survived the herein feast,
and I had grabbed him out of his hiding spot. What a relief that it
wasn't a snake especially a water moccasin. So I let the hounds back
out, and went to change my pants.

Drool to all the sick Houndies.
Michele, Momma to the Bad Ass Basset Brothers
Colt, "I would have given up a cookie to see that!!!. ROFLMAO"
Ruger, "I'll protect the momma from anything that gets in my yard!"