[Dailydrool] Abner's out of surgery

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Thu Apr 1 12:10:23 PDT 2010

About an hour ago, I got a call from the surgeon. Abner must have gone into
surgery early, since they told us he was scheduled for around 2:00 P.M.

The surgeon reports that the surgery went well, and none of the dire
predictions of possible problems (like his being unable to retract his
penis) seem to have come true. I think this fellow has the theory that he
wants to tell you all that could go wrong, just in case. Drew and I were
rather shaking in our boots by the time we left Abner off. But we had no
choice. Abner couldn't go on dragging on the ground.

Abs may be rather tender for the next fews days and will probably be gateed
in the kitchen, after we get him home in a few days. This WILL NOT make him
happy. I hope he doesn't howl constantly.

We thank everyone for the drool so far. Perhaps the rain that has been
inundating New Jersey this week comes from all the slinging that has been
going on.

We are so thankful that the worst did not happen in surgery, but we still
have the biopsies to go. The vet also took off a lump on Abner's leg, while
he was at it. So a bit more gentle drool would be appreciated, of the "no
cancer" sort. Maybe a bit of "no bite" drool would help too, since Abs does
not relate well to pain.

I am so thankful to everyone for their care for Abner and his situation.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets