[Dailydrool] New Basset Owner

Miriam Cummings mirmusician at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 07:11:30 PDT 2010

Hello Everyone!
I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Miriam and I already had 3 dogs when I
brought my mom, who has Alzheimer's Disease and her Basset, Mollie to live
with me. Mom lived in Mexico and Mollie was outside most of the time and not
socialized with other dogs. She was NOT house trained. First thing I did was
bring her inside. She house trained pretty easily considering what I've
heard about Basset's and house training. It's been 4 months, and for the
most part, she has just been a WONDERFUL girl. She gets along with a
Malamute and 2 Toy Poodles very well. She does snarl and growl at all the
other dogs in certain trigger situation, though. She wont share smells
inside or out:-) She also goes for the Malamute when she's too close to my
mother. We all live in the beautiful Mojave Desert in Cali. Here's Mollie's
web page with pics and vids: http://www.doggyspace.com/mollie. Any training
help or suggestions would be SO appreciated.
Your New Basset Lovin' Friend,
Miriam