[Dailydrool] maureen and henry

Sfwill at aol.com Sfwill at aol.com
Mon Apr 5 14:55:51 PDT 2010

he was doing his happy dance at the pet store when he saw you.  you're  in
for those happy dances for years to come.  i had gus 3 days and sat down  on
my couch and sobbed.  i can't keep him.  i don't know how to care  for a
dog.  i can't give him what he needs (whatever that was going to  be).  why
did i do this?  sob, sob, sob.  then the next day, i  started thinking of who
i knew could take him and love him and care for him  better than i.  and i
thought of someone who would be great and called her  and her family was
thrilled and came to visit gus.  they fell in  love.  they were going on
vacation so couldn't take him for a week.   during that week, more sobbing, much
more sobbing, but now it was because i  couldn't bear to give him up.  he was
a cuddler from the first day, licking  me with love every minute, such a
good guy, on best behavior, i realize  now.  so of course, i called her on
vacation and said i couldn't do  it.  she didn't want to disappoint her little
sweet 6 yr old boy, so  they went out and got themselves a buppy.  happy
ending for all.
and at my feet, smiling, i swear, as i write this, is the love of my life,
my gus.
so get ready for a life of bassett-telepathy.  the expressions you'll
learn to recognize and over time, he'll almost chat with you!
i'm so happy for the both of you!
susan, loving slave to gus
gus-that liddel boy wuz a gud kid, but mama needed meez and meez needed
mama.