[Dailydrool] Momma Lucy ATB

Marge M margemonty at wowway.com
Mon Apr 5 20:11:39 PDT 2010

A few days have passed and I am able to type without a sponge to mop up the
tears to let the old-time Droolers know of our dear Lucy's journey.  She was
a great friend, Momma and role model and we are still trying to get used to
the fact that her bed is empty and I can work in the kitchen without her
under my feet.

It has been awhile since the Drool has been part of my daily mental health,
but it has never been far from my thoughts.  During the early days of the
internet, searches weren't easy, but I found the Daily Drool, who (with
Nancy G's help) led me to MBR, which resulted in Lucy coming into our lives.

Lucy's story began in May, 1999 when MBR's Melissa and Jo introduced us.  It
was love at first sight for her and her beloved daddy-slave.  About a month
after she started training us, we found out she was preggers and in July we
were the proud foster-slaves of 8 of the cutest basset-beardie (bearded
collie) puppies EVER.  From that day on she was our Momma Lucy.    All the
pups went to wonderful forever homes with the help of MBR and  Beardie
rescue groups.

Things got better and better and our lives settled into controlled chaos for
the next 11 years.   We have been counting our blessings for those years and
all the times she made us smile, did her happy dance, let us know she
expected rewards for napping, and being the family alarm clock (6:30 EVERY
morning).

Lucy had arthritis, was totally deaf, was losing her eyesight, and had all
the difficulties that an elderly lady experiences.  Our lives will go on,
but hers has taken a turn for the better.  She now runs pain free, hears the
other hounds woofing at anything that moves, and saw her daughter Lovey Lu
and her beloved predecessor, Molly waiting at the Bridge.

They say that time heals all wounds, but our clock (and heart) is broken!

Marge M

Forever Mom to Son Felix, Miss Suzie Q,, and Molly & Lucy ATB