[Dailydrool] My Buddy

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Tue Apr 6 08:25:57 PDT 2010

One of the grreat things about the DD is that we
care. We can list our sweet Bassets as they go
on up to the Rainbow Bridge. We understand
one another. It is not all just wispy froth about the joy our hounds give
us or about their darling  freckles...errr "naughty spots" or OEBE. It is
not all about the fun of it or the great feeling and peace of mind knowing
about  the Rescued Ones.

Buddy had lymphoma and he was dumped into rescue as an unwanted  Basset
who had pee'd so much that "he ruined $2,000.00 worth of rug and the
floors".

He had calluses so huge and nasty looking that he must have spent a great
deal of time on the cement floor of the garage. When he came to us he did
have a  few puddles but that soon passed and he was a great Basset and a
comfort to have  with us. Nobody adopted him though because he was older.

His "carbunkles" soon just about disappered due to the soaking and
cleaning  and homeopathic remedies given by our stellar Vet Doug  Yearout.  Soon
the lumpy grey ookie filled carbunkles were gone and he was  looking shiney
and his very SELF cleared out and he became a LOVED BASSET.

Still nobody adopted him.

Then the Cancer came like a wildfire. We had about 8 good months with him.
He was so tired. So slow. He stopped eatting yesterday  and a good friend
in his Aunty Sandy helped me make the call to the Vet so he could go to the
bridge and he would not suffer and suffer.

Just yesterday he was with me and now he is gone. How could all the people
he loved before have let him down and given him away when all he was ...was
 love. ? How could they? We are so honored to have had him in "rescue" how
could  no one have given him a decent home? All  those  "good people"  who
OWNED him before..the nurse and the fireman, the doctor and the  teacher.
Why couldn't they get an animal behaviorist in to help them fix what
behaviors they did not like?  Why in our  too busy home did this do  fit in so
wonderfully and he was  so good and kind? He was never a bit  of a problem...ever.

We like you on the DD...we loved him that is why. Why can't people slow
down and take some time to LOVE.

We miss him. We hope all the sweet hearts at the Bridge will be there to
meet him.

Sadly, JP and Alexa
Basset Rescue of Puget Sound