[Dailydrool] Cremins and ???????

Richard Coleman landesign_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 08:11:07 PDT 2010

Having buried many dogs, I wish I had Crematied them. I have one buried close by, and I still go and talk to him when I get lonely or need advice. Although not a Basset he was a rescue as all of our dogs have been. We left one in Missouri that we had had 14 years and I still talk to him. You talk to your Friends and the closest one to you and usually it is our dogs. If people admit it they talk to their dogs, both alive and ATB, everyday. I do have pictures in my office of all our dogs ATB and sometimes I cry and sometimes I laugh when I think of what Love, Happiness and Sadness they hav brought me- On oHter Points-

Do NOT us Cocoa MULCH> As a landscape designer/contractor, I will NOT put Cocoa Mulch down. Did it one time when it came out and had a customers dog get sick. Fortuantely the Vet was able to save the dog. As the dog had never been sick I asked the vet what could be the problem and we discussed some stuff and then I asked if it could be the mulch and he said he had heard of problems with it, but this was he first case. He did some checking and found out that other dogs were having problems with the mulch and vets were recommeding not to use it. Another point

 We had three Doxies, pure blooded and papered. One we went and breed thinking we could make a little money on the side, after all Happy was such a good dog she had to be a good mother. Which turned out to be true-we on the other hand had NO clue as to what we were getting into. All things considered it turn out well. Sold all puppies and decided from then on-Spay or Neuter-no more puppies!

Till Fred, Papered (?) this has been true. We got Fred at about six months old. He is out of a puppy mill in Nebraska. Had his ear nearly torn off by his litter mates. We had the ear sown back together last year and he will be going back to the vet Friday to have the stitches removed where we had the ear docked about two inches. Since it had been fixed it still dragged the ground and a couple of sores appeared, so we talked to the vet and he said he could nearly make it look like the other one, so we did.
Fred is up and surveying the house and given Merceds (Doxie) fits-she is 12 and really not interested in playing with 60 lbs of dog! Freds head is bigger than she is!

Any way, Having buried the other dogs, I do not know what I will do with Mercedes or Fred, but Cremation sounds like a good answer. Keep them close and love them.

Drool, and our thoughts of healing to all in need.
 Fred, Mercedes, Chewie {ATB), Growler (ATB) Miss Fit (ATB), Gabby (ATB)
 and the Slave to All

Richard S. Coleman, LandScape Designer