[Dailydrool] Stella B Low leaves us

Roland, Duke of Ears handsomehounds at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 07:49:55 PDT 2010

We first saw Stella in Sylvie's barn in Olympia, WA.  Stella was so happy to see us that she was leaping in the tall grass, checking to make sure we were following her.  Heidi Go Lightly had died, and a short perusal of available bassets resulted in our adoption of Stella, formerly Maggie Mae.

We loved Stella and she loved us.  She loved Roland, Duke of Ears, and our 3 grandsons, our grown children, and anyone we saw on a walk.

She loved to dig nice basset-size holds like her mentor, Roland.  She liked to scent herself with Rosemary in the garden.  She loved to act as bait at adoption events, rolling over for belly rubs as each person came in. She was just learning how to be a Master Gardener by following me every step of the way while I was weeding or planting.

She would not come into the house at night until finishing her very thorough walk around the perimeter of our backyard.

We had her for 5 years, and now she's gone. Who's going to get me up in the morning to go outside? Roland and Deohgee aren't!  They waited for Stella. I find it both sad and ironic that just as Easter, a time of hallelujahs arrives, Stella goes from us.

Janice, Bill, Deohgee, and Roland.

Janice Henry Colvin