[Dailydrool] Shake Shake Shake

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 15:34:31 PDT 2010

Hi! We hope everyone had a nice weekend whether you celebrated Easter,
Passover, or just a couple of days off work. We didnt do much since neither
James or I have family nearby. I started the day by trying a new breakfast
dish which the dadslave wasn't too keen on, but I did score points for
trying something new, haha.

Then as we were sitting down for lunch, (good ol hamburgers, can't go wrong
there!) Rupert started barking incessantly. It was quite unusual because
generally he sits quietly when trying to score some food. So I'm scolding
him to shut it and then all of sudden we realize we are having an
earthquake. Looking back, it seems Rupert knew before us, haha, now if only
we could know when his bark means food, walk or earthquake. :)

Anyway, we got ourselves and the pups outside and it was quite a long good
shake. Overall though everything was fine, no damage to our home, just a
little Easter excitement. Unfortunately it seems that Mexico took the brunt
of the damage/injuries but we overall for the size of the quake (7.2) it
wasn't too bad, even over there. Being a native Californian, I find quakes
exciting rather than scary, (I'd take a quake over a hurricane or tornado
anyday) but Rupert doesn't agree and was attached to me for the rest of the
day and night. Now we are on edge waiting for aftershocks and left wondering
if Rupert is trying to warn us, whenever he barks, lol. It was quite ironic
though that it happened on Easter - at the moment we were seriously
wondering if we should've gone church that morning. :)

Sending get-well drool to Queen Olive, Abner and any other hound or human
who is ailing.

Also heart healing drool to everyone who has recently lost a hound. We
need the gates to close for awhile - seems there have been an unusual amount
of ATB's these past few weeks.

XOXO,
Kacy w/Cowboy and Rupert
San Diego, CA