[Dailydrool] Chemicals on lawns

Vickie Zehring bubadog at comcast.net
Wed Apr 7 21:30:29 PDT 2010

We were in Florida when we treated our lawn by Chemlawn. If you have a company that treats by using natural products that is great.I was assured that when the chemicals dried it was safe for my dogs to be on the lawn but you know it rains alot in Florida,just short cloud bursts,but enough to make the grass wet all over again. This company promised it was using safe chemicals I made sure I asked about it because I had a bitch of breeding age that I was considering breeding and I didn't want her to end up infertile. What I didn't know at that time is that 6 months after we left Florida my show male at age 3years would be diagnosed with advanced lymphosarcoma, Bubba lived seven months longer, then 10 months later Grace was diagnosed with lymphoma ,maybe the chemicals ,maybe not,she was 8 years old. In PA the kennel I boarded my dogs at was having many clients losing young dogs  to cancer all with one thing in common their yards were being treated by chemical companies. Now, maybe it was a fluke,maybe just bad luck, I'm glad all your dogs have had nice long lives but I did not expect to lose a beautiful young show dog to something so insipid and preventable. Even though I don't have proof that the chemicals caused Bubba's cancer I am still convinced. I treat my own lawn now with natural products,dish soap,ammonia,etc. for fleas and ticks and  I have nice green grass and I don't have to wait till it dries because it is safe,without a doubt. Vickie