[Dailydrool] Happy Birthday Delilah Belle

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Wed Apr 7 20:06:05 PDT 2010

 Three and a half years ago, a few short weeks after we got our Daisy Belle, who was then very much a "Wild Child" we decided that it might be helpful for her to have a playmate to run the Basset 500 with, and to work off some of the endless supply of Basset energy she was full of.  We contacted Tri-State Basset Rescue and Suzanne Fitch put me in touch with Delilah's then Momperson, who had found it necessary to surrender one of her three Bassets after moving to a smaller house.  We all met in a neutral place, introduced our Daisy buppie to 18 mo. old Ms. Delilah who sniffed her, gave Daisy a few "let's get a few things straight right now" barks and then the two of them quickly became the good sisters they still remain.

"Lilah," as we call her, is our sweet, gentle girl who loves her people, and the rest of her pack but keeps them all in line with a few loud, impressive barks when necessary. She's still extremely shy around other humans - especially men - unless they happen to be holding a leash with a potential new "friend" on the other end.  She loves to snuggle on the couch with us, have her ears scritched and is the first one up in the morning, checking out any critters or early walkers who have the audacity to work past our townhouse on "her" street.

She is our very, very special gurl and today is her fifth birthday.  Everyone had chickie leftovers in her honor with dinner tonight.  Happy Birthday Freckle Girl!!!  We love you!

Sandi, Mamaslave to the NJ4
Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and Dudley