[Dailydrool] Found: a Hound

Tim Mayer tcm541 at embarqmail.com
Thu Apr 8 16:57:40 PDT 2010

After work today the plant maintenance supervisor called me and asked if I
had lost a dog. I knew that it wasn't one of mine: they were safe at home.
Besides, this one is a boy, and Beethoven never could have made it this far
on his own (he's quite old). So I had him bring the dog over to the office.
They said they've seen him running around behind the plant for a week or so.
He's a little overweight, and his nails aren't too long, so he hasn't been
lost for long.

He's a real cutie - and fairly young, I'd guess between 2 and 4 years old.
He's full of energy, and running my older dogs into the ground. They're
putting on quite a show. But OH, the barking...can someone PLEASE stop the
barking!!!

Anyway, he has no obvious ID (no tags, no tattoos) but I won't be able to
check for a microchip until I get him to the vet tomorrow. So I'm calling
him Flash.

Did any of our Droolers lose a furbaby in Southern Oregon recently? If so,
email me off-list and we'll see if this guy belongs to you. Of course, I'll
be checking the papers, calling animal control, the vets in the area, etc.
But if we don't find his real home, he's perfectly welcome to move in here.
After all, what's one more basset in the pack except a lot more fun?

Tim 'n Puppies
   Beethoven
   Maggie d'Earest
   Dreamer (Basset wannabee)