[Dailydrool] Helium balloons

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Tue Apr 13 07:11:57 PDT 2010

Reminds me of my first Basset Lucy Girl,  several years back  Maumee
hosted  a helium balloon race , a three day event so every day  the balloons
would all take off about 8:00 AM  and fly right over our  house,  we would set
up lawn chairs and coffee and go out and watch the  balloon, they were so low
you could talk to them. pretty cool  about 40  balloons,  well being the
dumb slaves that we were we took the girls  outside with us,  our miniature
dachshund loved it but Lucy girl freaked  out big time,  especially when they
turned on the flames to gain  height,  Lucy actually ran right thru our
screen door and back into the  house.  did I say through ??????  no one opened
the door she just went  through the screen and into the living room and
behind the couch.  another  time we were out walking,  hubby had Lucy and I had
the Doxie and we were  across the street walking around the hospital and Lucy
spotted a hot air balloon  in the air over the expressway  and she drug my
husband home on a dead run,  she was hugging the side of the buildings
figuring she was safer that way  and my husband who DOES NOT run well was being
dragged . and I apologize,   but I have a sick sense of humor and I couldn't
stop laughing.  this dog,  put her head down and was on a full throttle run
heading for home, do not pass  go and dont stop !!!!!  so after we all got
home safely,  Fergie  and I walk around the corner and I said  "  WOW  how
much  fun was that ? " My poor husband had skinned up knees,  skin torn off
his  elbows from scraping the walls on the buildings, and sweat running down
his  face   bwahahahahahha  !!!!!   I told him  "we  should do this more
often "

Marlene    mommy to Maggie Wags and Evil  Annie