[Dailydrool] Miss Angela on basset intelligence

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Wed Apr 14 08:23:50 PDT 2010

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

On the subject of basset intelligence, Miss Angela says, and I
quote:

"1.  The so-called intelligence tests only how willing the hound is
to please the human.  It should test how easily a hound can train
a human.

 2.  Like we should care what other dogs or non-basset people
care think we can or cannot do intellectually. Let them think what
they want.  They will anyway.

3. Bill ( who had a master's degree in education before he was
promoted to being my faithful employee) has taught me that
motivation is a key to learning and performance.  No treats, no
effort.

 4. Dogs who are people pleasers should be ashamed of
themselves.  Human beings are easily mollified by small
shows of affection and a glimmer of understanding.  Why go
beyond that if no food is at stake.  Learning lots of "tricks"
is simply perpetuating the myth that humans are in charge.

 5. Bill, get up, let me out and, upon my return, feed me.  What
"intelligence" do I need to have beyond that?"

Miss Angela  (Bill, I asked for the crock pot.  I tire of these cats)
Bill (Just quoting, folks)