[Dailydrool] Puppy Scare-Rugie

Reenie Grant rcgrant at rochester.rr.com
Wed Apr 14 09:03:01 PDT 2010

Saturday night, our sweet Rugie bloated.  Biscuit and Rugie are only 5
months old, how could this happen? Quick thinking dad rushed him to
emergency. His tummy had twisted and he had food and poop trapped inside
him. The docs performed the surgery that would save his life. Everyone at
the hospital loved him and his surgeon said he was a "rock star" because he
was so popular. Rugie is now home and doing fine. We have to try and keep
him quiet, no running and rough housing for 2 weeks. Not so easy with a pup.
Rugie is in a separate crate to keep him quiet and prevent incision licking.
Biscuit kisses him through the crate, and I get teary eyed.  It's been a
long time since we were that scared.

Our breeders, Hank and Sharon of Jamboree Bassets along with puppymomma
slave Joan, were there for us every step of the way. For anyone who scoffs
when people suggest they go to a reputable breeder if they don't want a
rescue dog, this is a great example of why.  Aside from impeccable blood
lines, someone will be there to answer your frantic phone calls on a weekend
night.  You can count on knowledgeable advice as well as a lot of hand
holding and reassurance.  Try getting that from a puppymill or pet store.
Through the twists and turns of life, Uncle Chili didn't find us until he
was 9. Sharon and Hank were there for us throughout his amazing 15 years,
still loving their boy. We love Rugie so much, I shake when I think of what
might have happened. We are doing the NORAIN STOMPSTOMP for the BW weekend,
and wish we were there with our family. We'll have to wait until the pups
get older (they're already huge).  Big brother Dodger is a veteran of
several BW's and is telling the babies all about it.

Lee and Reenie NORAIN STOMPSTOMP NORAIN STOMPSTOMP NORAIN STOMPSTOMP

Rugie, Biscuit and Dodger NORAIN STOMPSTOMP NORAIN STOMPSTOMP NORAIN
STOMPSTOMP