[Dailydrool] karen sommerfield

Helena Poist helenapoist at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 15 09:17:29 PDT 2010

By now, the drool has learned that karen sommerfield has died. Karen has not been as active in recent years in rescue work but was a tireless supporter of bassets everywhere. When anyone needed help, karen was there. She took an abused dog Luther  from Kansas. Luther was terrified and would hide in a corner in the garage where he lived. If you want to call it that. Karen opened her heart to him and patiently turned into a wonderful dog. She took in bonded pairs that no one wanted. She made slippers, and so many other items. She made Halloween hats for hounds for rescue. I cant say enough nice things about karen and now she is gone. I am sure the hounds at the rainbow bridge are welcoming karen with open arms.  With sadness I say farewell and hope my legacy in rescue can begin to match hers.

Helena Poist Vice President of Marketing and Sales Proplanner.NET ISU Research Park 2321 North Loop Drive Ames, IA 50010 515-296-7526 helena.poist at proplanner.NET