[Dailydrool] the triumphs of home cooking/nursing--aargh

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 15:12:21 PDT 2010

We have just returned from the vetman's for toe-trimmings. And, would you believe it, our poor malnourished Bo, with the ulcerative colitis, who was all skin and bones at 36 pounds in January, just keeps bulking up and bulking up? The medicines (Metronidizol and Budesonide) are working--no episodes since February. The home-cooking (pureed chicken breasts and white rice, combined with "low residue" kibble) are working great--he's hungry all the time and loves to eat now. Bo has begun playing again for the first time in a year, and the random peeing is decreasing. So everything is fantastic, right?

Hah--Miss Angela, our soulmate. Bo has been ordered to go on a diet?! He is up to 52 pounds, and the vetman says his ideal weight would be better at 48, or even 45. Time for reduced servings. Oh no. Not that. The injustice of it all. Basset hounds protest! Starvation to rotundity. How can this be?

(Not to mention the appearance of a possibly cancerous growth, to be removed next week, but we're not going to worry about that.) So, as of today, it's less food and more walks. Life is tough.