[Dailydrool] Karen Sommerfield

Lisa Ritchie stuff at lisa-ritchie.com
Thu Apr 15 16:14:17 PDT 2010

Hello everyone. I wanted to update you all about our dear friend Karen
Sommerfield.

Karen passed away yesterday morning (Wednesday) very peacefully and at home
with her hounds. Just the way she would have wanted it to be.

I just spoke to her husband, Harry. As you can imagine the family is
devastated. There will be no funeral or memorial service but if anyone wants
to send cards please send them to their home:

Harry Sommerfield
198 Co Rd 89
Zumbro Falls, MN 55991

Basset Buddies Rescue will be working with the family in helping find
placement for 9 of their Bassets. Harry has asked that any donations people
want to make to either go to BBR for the care of the bassets or to Small Dog
Rescue with whom she was also very closely affiliated.

Basset Buddies Rescue, Inc. http://www.bbrescue.org
Small Dog Rescue http://www.smalldogsminnesota.org/

Karen was an amazing woman. Even until the day she died she put the needs of
the dogs and her family far before her own needs. She never said "no" to a
dog in need through the end. She has touched the lives of many people by
helping their dogs find a safe and loving home - and she taught many of us
in rescue what it truly means to be unselfish.

Karen will be missed by many humans....and many many hounds.

Lisa Ritchie