[Dailydrool] Shelby is better.

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 17 21:04:58 PDT 2010

Thanks to all who have sent drool and concern for Shelby.  I really thought she was a goner last night.  She is going to survive.  We took her to the vet and he says it is glaucoma.  Her left eye is the problem.  The pressure was 59 which is really not good.  She was in so much pain that she was panting and I thought it was the beginning of heart failure.  Her right eye is ok for now.  We are putting in three kinds of drops and have her on an anti inflamatory.  She is so much better tonight.  When I came into the family room just now she was on her back waiting for the next available person to rub her belly.  I was so worried.  I still am but for now she is doing alright.  She is eating treats  and bellowing in the back yard tonight.  I guess we will have our lady with bassitude for a while longer and I am so thankful.

Hug your bassets tonight or today.  We are hugging the whole bunch here.  Even the cats have gotten hugs.  Very undignified in the feline world.  You just never know.

Julie and the Illinois pack  Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby--whose eyes feel much better tonight.