[Dailydrool] Funny Basset Slaves

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sun Apr 18 06:55:27 PDT 2010

Oh My doG!  I am still giggling over some of this issues stories (Vol 106,
Issue 11).  Bev, Karen & Debbie you 3 always seems to crack me up with the
your basset tails.  As do a lot of other folks but you three seem to be
constant.  You 3 are like the 3 Basseteers!!  LOL
Your tales,  as do a others, always seem to bring back a fond memory of one
of my hounds, and make me realize that there are alot of other folks out
there that get to enjoy the love, comedy, trials & tribulations of being
owned by a basset.

The popping cyst was too funny...Storm ATB used to get them when he got
older, I would take him outside with a scapel, betadine, papertowels and
atibacterial spray to pop them for him...They obviously caused him pain from
the building pressure and he always licked my face to thank me when we were
done.  My roommate at the time would scream about how I was hurting
him...come on if I was hurting him do you think that he would willingly
follow me out the door after I gathered the supplies and lay down for me to
do it.   Besides she was a medic and knew better.  Better to pop the nasty
buggers outside and get antibacterial on it then to let them pop in the
house all over the furniture, walls or her! LOL.   Oh yeah...another
excellent reason to have leather furniture...the occasional exploding cyst
and of course slinging drool and shedding fur.

Spring is in the air here in sunny Florida.  The squirrels are out in force
and driving my hounds nuts!!!  My usually well behaved, non barking, come
when I call them hounds have been just the opposite with the squirrels
seeking to torment them every momemt of day light. Sooner or later one of
these varmits will make a mistake and I'm afraid the boys will end his life
for him.   Colt & Ruger are obsessed with chasing the squirrels and loose
their little minds when the squirrels come into the trees in the yard to
tease them.

I hope that everyone is having a great time at the BW...still jealous that
we couldn't come join in the fun.

Drool to all the sick hounds...espcially Shelby!!!

Michele the momma
Colt and Ruger drool slinging, no rain stomping, squirrel chasers.