[Dailydrool] A big thank you

Cathy A. Wendling cwendling at milwpc.com
Sun Apr 18 10:54:52 PDT 2010

I want to thank everybody who voted for my DJ in the Basset of the Week
contest.  He didn't win, coming in second, but that's okay.

DJ is a senior who, up until a couple of months ago, has been in perfect
health.  On March 5, he had a tumor the size of a grapefruit removed from
his chest.  Neither the vet or I have every seen one grow so rapidly in size
so quickly.  In two and a half weeks, it went from the size of a small
tangerine to the size of a hefty grapefruit.  Mid-day, March 9, when I went
to change his dressing, I found that all but the top and bottom stitches had
let go, the chest wall tissue being too fragile to support any means of
closing him back up.  It's been a long, long, uncomfortable road for him
healing by himself, but he's finally coming to the end of the road.  I think
neither of us wishes to go through this again.  Unfortunately, he has
several tumors which are considered inoperable, so we'll just have to go
with the flow and hope for the best.

So a big thank you to those who voted for my boy.  And congratulations to
Ms. Beasley for winning.

Cathy Wendling
owned by DJ, Daisy Mae, and Merrie the Australian Terrier (G-Day, Mate!)