[Dailydrool] Basset intelligence

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Sun Apr 18 17:11:47 PDT 2010

Bassets are smart enough to make you think they're not--and all the
while they're quietly manipulating you into doing whatever it is they
want you to do for them but you've just said no, you won't do. Kind
of like lawyers, who are adroit at turning an argument around so
gradually that you don't realize you're now arguing for what it was
you were against just a few minutes before. Bassets are skilled at
doing that kind of thing with us. As I like to say, bassets only
*look* slow and stupid. Believe that at your peril.

I'm a bit late in joining in on this conversation. Been busy getting
our Elsinore through a pet therapy class and helping both she and
young Charlie practice their dance steps.

Elizabeth