[Dailydrool] Great BoardWaddle!

The Goose Gaggle Giggle giggle at amanda-s.net
Mon Apr 19 07:54:04 PDT 2010

Back from the BoardWaddle and am I exhausted! Rich, dawn and Pawtunia put on
another wonderful, satisfying BoardWaddle this year, complete with hundreds
of people and bassets in the Doo Dah Pawrade and at the picnic after!
Several of us worked our fingers to the bone setting up, selling,
registering and just plain helping.  We handed out so many shirts to people
who'd ordered them because the father of the shirt maker passed away and
there wasn't time to mail the shirts, and then sold many others.

The wind was blowing so hard on BoardWaddle day, but it would be sunny and
somewhat warm and then cloudy and chill.  It was a day for layers.  I
couldn't see the contests too well from the merchandise table, but it looked
like there were some very creative outfits and tricks!

Eric Stevenson brought in over $9000 - is that a record pledge or what?
Plus Ellie Foth brought in over $6000 and Sharon Wilder brought in nearly
$3000.  Kudos to the those people who really pushed to get those pledges in
!!  dawn made the top 20 winner bags extra special this year.

Sandy and Bob run the Olympics every year on Friday and it was just as funny
as ever.  There was a large crowd of participants and onlookers cheering the
bassets on and laughing at the humans who tried to get their hounds to fly
over hurdles and crawl through the tube.  You know though, the winners
demonstrated that bassets do have the "stuff"!

Ah, the Pawction.  The most wonderful basset crap available by raffle or
bid.  Sharon Wilder and I drove together, and the drive back was hampered
because we had to stuff in  four bassets plus her pledge winnings including
a collapsible crate and my pawction finds including a dozen matched bassets
each wearing a birthstone for the month and a corner bed still in its
original 4 foot by 8 inch box.  We finally stood that up behind the driver's
seat.

Of course a great part of the weekend is staying at the Residence Inn and
seeing everyone: Angelika, Johnny, Hanni and Mike Klinger, Ilene Sagen with
Charlie the handsome red and white and Shelly Galinkin with Viv, Charlie's
Mom, Kathy Riker, Kay Jordan with George E Grunt, Beth Vogel, Laura
Tancredi, Marilyn with Chunky, Cathy Burlew with Waltzing Maggie Mae, Diana
and Frank from Ireland who arrived the day before the volcano blew, the
Scullys, Pat Dill and Carol Sharp.  A couple from Maine drove down, but I
forget their names.

Angelika made Thurday night extre special.  We each wrote down the names of
those who went to the Rainbow Bridge, labeled votive candles and Angelika
made a beautiful heart.  You can see it and more pix on my Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/the.amanda.sherwin

Thanks to dawn and Rich for a wonderful weekend!

Amanda and the Goose Gaggle Giggle