[Dailydrool] pill giving

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 19 21:22:18 PDT 2010

I've missed out on the suggestions on pill giving so forgive me if I repeat.  My dog's would rather die than let another dog get their treat so they tend to take things quickly.  I pop the pill in braunschweiger, put it on the tip of a spoon because I value my fingers, and tell them hurry, quick, quick and they nab it before another one get's it.  I think it makes them swallow quicker before they try to chew it up and find the "surprise" center.  My lab granddoggy is horrible to give a pill at his own house (he live's in a one dog house, poor thing) but at my house he gulps it right down, I think due to competition.  I also make sure and give everybody a tiny bit of braunschweiger so nobody knows who's really getting what.  If, for some reason, I've only got one dog in the house I have been known to act like I'm going to eat it if they don't hurry up and get it.  If a human even attempts to eat a braunschweiger sandwich in this house, they're
 flattened by dogs. You gotta love it.

Janet, Yogi (yum, braunschweiger), Carlie Jane (my braunschweiger) Bunny (I'm biggest and it's all mine!)