[Dailydrool] Karen Sommerfield's dogs

Lisa Turnquist turnq007 at umn.edu
Tue Apr 20 15:34:07 PDT 2010

As you have heard, Basset Buddies Rescue is trying to help place some of
Karen Sommerfield's dogs.  BBR has been asked to find homes for 11 bassets
by the beginning of May.  The family is keeping some of her dogs. Only one
of the 11 bassets that need help came from Basset Buddies, Karen opened her
heart to dogs from all over.  We believe some of these dogs may have come
from rescues outside of Minnesota.  If your rescue adopted a basset to Karen
and can now rehome that dog please contact Basset Buddies Rescue.  If you
live in the BBR service area (MN, WI and northern Illinois) and would
consider fostering please go on to our website and complete a foster
application.  We especially need people who would consider fostering a
bonded senior pair or a blind dog.  BBR pays the vet expenses for foster
dogs.

BBR has over 100 bassets in foster care currently plus a waiting list in
addition to Karen's dogs.  We can best honor Karen's memory by helping her
dogs.  We will only place dogs to another established rescue or to an
approved foster home in our service area.  Please apply only if you meet one
of those criteria. Thank you.

Lisa and the MN Woofers,

Ella Marie, Hank, foster Ruby and Sidney ATB 3/22/10

www.bbrescue.org <http://www.bbrescue.org/>

info at bbrescue.org