[Dailydrool] Computer for Rescue?

Adelaide Dawes addydawes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 17:46:36 PDT 2010

Chris,

Have you signed up for TechSoup.org?  Register with them and they often have
computers for just a nominal fee.  Also software.  They get donations from
the big companies and then distribute them to non-profits.

http://home.techsoup.org/pages/default.aspx

We got Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus for $20, Quickbooks Non
Profit Edition for $33 (there are sometimes minimum numbers you need to
order e.g. 5 MS Office licenses, so it actually cost us $100, but it was
enough to make sure that all our Board Members have the most up to date
software).

At the moment, I see the cheapest desktop computer (a refurbished Dell) for
$187.

Addy

Message: 14