[Dailydrool] Maggie the Island Dog to the bridge

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Thu Apr 22 05:52:24 PDT 2010

I got an e-mail this morning from Leah, and Maggie has gone to the bridge.  She asked me to post for her.
She wrote:

I had to send Maggie to the bridge today at 5 PM. She was not feeling good
yesterday and was worse this morning. I had a 3 PM vet visit but called and
got her seen at 11 AM. She was dehydrated, had a fever and was in a lot of
pain. They had me come back at 4:30 and told me she wouldn't make it -
probably would not even last through the night. I called a friend and she
rushed down to the vets and i held her as she went. Amazingly she revived a
bit just before the vet came down to do it so she knew we were there. Could
you please post to the Drool for me. I am having her cremated and getting
the ashes back. My friend just left me and put all her stuff out of sight.
I hope this makes sense I am crying and can barely see what I am typing.
Leah