[Dailydrool] SOD Boswellia

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 22 17:20:10 PDT 2010

I have been on and off thinking about trying this with Jean Paul.  It has been great walking weather lately, and Jean Paul walked Mon. and Tues., took a day off Wed. (because on Wed., he was chased a ball toss in the yard, a game he loves, and he took a big tumble), and today, I tried to get him to walk but he really had no interest in doing so.  He is overweight and has arthritis.  He is slowly losing weight, but I think the weather pressures are triggering his arthritic pain.  He had severe pano when he was young, with episodes up until he was almost 4.  He is almost 9 now.  He sees his Vet on a regular basis.  At one point today, he was walking very loopy, as if he were drunk, crossing his front legs, and his back end was not as strong as usual.  I didn't want to panic and rush him to the Vet, because he has done this before, and I have a small surplus of Rimadyl for him in the event of one of these episodes, but with all the mention of SOD Boswellia, I am strongly considering to try it.  What would the dose be for an overweight (100 lb) arthritic basset be?  Are there potential side effects that I should be on the look out for?  Jean Paul is basically healthy otherwise.  I just hate to see him cripple up like he does some times.
My deepest condolences to those who have lost the love of a beloved pet.  I am still playing catch up.  Heart healing drool to you all.
My enormous drool supply for those in need also.  Wow, there is plenty of this here.
Thank you to all who posted photos from Ocean City.  I cried when I saw the memory heart.I wanted to come so much, but I think, to see the heart would have shut me down right away, and I would have been a huge drag for the rest of the days.  I am beginning to let go, though, now, and maybe that candle helped, as well as Pierre jr.  Jr. walks everyday, and he loves it, and he goes on a "private" because it is easier to train him this way.  We go longer and longer distances each time, and he is a robust walker, and I am getting good exercise with him.  Yesterday, a woman, an elder person, dog lover, wanted to pet Jr. as she used to pet Sr.  She didn't notice the difference as she thought Jr. was Sr.  We talked about pets, as I knew that she took such great care of her Bichon with diabetes, blind, and 19 years old who just passed recently.  She really wants another pet, but she is discouraged by her age.  Next time I see her, I will suggest that she rescue a Sr. pet.
Peace, love and drool
Jackie and the herd