[Dailydrool] Greetings, Condolances, and doG love

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Fri Apr 23 09:31:38 PDT 2010

Happy Birthday & Gotcha day to Miss Beasley.

Healing drool to Bo in Hawaii. Hope that your back up and surfing and
chasing beach bunnies soon.

Heart Healing drool to Maggies momma.  Maggie will live forever in the
magic of your memories.

Sandi, Thank you for the Daphneyland Adventure story.  I think that
brought all the hard work that the rescuers do to light.

Maureen,
I will agree with you about dogs going to heaven and being able to
understand you.  I also believe in guardian angels, and that our dogs
are some of those angels. All of the dogs that have come into my life
have blessed me in some way, and have taught me a lot. They have always
been the one friend that I could count on. Never judging me, never
telling me what I should or shouldn't do...they are just there
supporting you and loving you the entire way. I was an only child and my
earlier bassets were my playmates, and younger siblings that I had to
take care of. When I got older they saw me through 2 marriages and 2
divorces. (now on #3 but this one doesn't have the issues that the
previous 2 did) They have been there to love and support me through
tough times with my friends, or my job.  Through all the ups and downs
of life the one true constant happiness in my life has been a dog and
mostly basset hounds. Yes they all go to the bridge to soon and that is
the strongest pain that I have ever experienced and that is a time of
great sadness for me.  But the love and support that they gave me
throughout their short lives is a nickzillion times more than the
sadness of their going to the bridge. I think that is why their lives
are so short, they use it up faster because they love harder and
unconditionally their humans than any human possible could.  Dogs are a
reflection of God's love for us, so therefore dog is a reflection of
God.  My hounds seem to know me very well, they know when I don't feel
well and they let me sleep in those days. They know when I am sad and
they need to comfort me and/or make me laugh.  Colt will start his
comedy basset 500, or the boys will jump in my lap for what I call wet
tickles.  Wet tickles is both hounds in your lap and nothing but tongues
flapping and furry snooters in your face until you start laughing, and
you laugh so hard that you almost pee yourself.  They always stop wet
tickles just before you pee yourself...very perceptive.  Comfort comes
in a hound on each side of me laying with heads in my lap and just
sitting quietly petting them.  There have been short periods of time
when I did not have a dog with me.  When I first went into the military,
and when I was PCS'd to Guam for a year...and those times life was the
darkest. Because I didn't have "my sanity rocks".  Every time that I
have went through a dark time it has been my dogs that got me
through...It is because I wanted to be at least half the person that
they thought me to be that I never gave up, I picked myself up and dust
myself off and went home to my hounds.  Because if I wasn't there to
take care of them who would...and to me and to them no one else can take
care of them as well as what I can. So Thank God for giving me the
blessed gift of doG!  For I would not be the person that I am today
without their love!